Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Stupid IDS Question

Yes, I know this is idiotic, but I'm not finding it in my book. Please don't flame me...

IDS 4215, I'm in the command line and have enabled an additional sensing port. It's working fine - how do I save the config change? wr mem is not so much working and I don't see a save option when I use "?" - any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Stupid IDS Question

Hi,

Use the following command :

copy current-config backup-config

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Use the following command :

copy current-config backup-config

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

Community Member

Oi - I'm an idiot. Worked great - thanks!!

Cisco Employee

Hi Smith,

No problem and thanx for the ratings :-)

Regards,

Kamal

Gold

fwiw, while the "copy current-config" command is probably a good idea...it isn't equivalent to a "wr mem" on an IOS router. When making most changes via the CLI, you will be asked to "apply changes". If you say yes, the config is written. Now if the sensor is rebooted, those changes will be there.

Gold

fwiw, while the "copy current-config" command is probably a good idea...it isn't equivalent to a "wr mem" on an IOS router. When making most changes via the CLI, you will be asked to "apply changes". If you say yes, the config is written. Now if the sensor is rebooted, those changes will be there.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content