Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access GUI of IPS through IDM

when i try to access my intrusion prevention system (IPS) GUI through IDM then i got this message

" Error Connecting to sensor . Failed to load sensor - errSystemError-ct-sensorApp.378 not responting , Please check system processes . the connect to the specified lo::clientpipe failed . Exiting IDM"

Please tell me how to solve this problem

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: unable to access GUI of IPS through IDM

What type on sensor are you using? Also have you tried the IME?

Dan

If this problem is appeared only in the case you use IDM or IME but CLI is OK try to re-generate the tls certificate on the sensor. May be it is expired.

Hi Umakanth

Here you go!

--------------------

Error Message

--------------------

" Error Connecting to sensor . Failed to load sensor - errSystemError-ct-sensorApp.378 not responting , Please check system processes . the connect to the specified lo::clientpipe failed . Exiting IDM"

-------------------------

Possible Cause

-------------------------

These error messages appear when you run the show tech support command and Analysis Engine is not running.

-----------------------

Recommended Action

-----------------------

Verify Analysis Engine is running and monitor it to see if the issue is resolved.

To verify Analysis Engine is running and to monitor the issue, follow these steps:

Step 1 Log in to the sensor.

Step 2 Verify that Analysis Engine is not running:

sensor# show version

-----

MainApp N-2007_JUN_19_16_45 (Release) 2007-06-19T17:10:20-0500 Running

AnalysisEngine N-2007_JUN_19_16_45 (Release) 2007-06-19T17:10:20-0500 Not Running

CLI N-2007_JUN_19_16_45 (Release) 2007-06-19T17:10:20-0500

Check to see if AnalysisEngine reads Not Running.

Step 3 Enter show tech-support and save the output.

Step 4 Reboot the sensor.

Step 5 Enter show version after the sensor has stabilized to see if the issue is resolved.

Step 6 If Analysis Engine still reads Not Running, contact TAC with the original show tech support command output.

Please rate if this post helped you? Thanks

Zubair,

What happen if after reboot the analysis engine is Running, but in a few hours again the Analysis engine is Not Running?

Any things? Any URL?

Thanks,

Angel H.

Hi

I am sorry i didn't understand your question?

"What happen if after reboot the analysis engine is Running, but in a few hours again the Analysis engine is Not Running?"

Could you please rephrase your question?

Thanks

I think what he is saying is the same thing what I am experiencing.

when you can't connect through the GUI in the above named case, it will fix that by restarting the sensor. ( analysis engine is running once again )

but after some time it seems that the engine shuts of resulting in not being able to connect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content