cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Update Sigs!

SmithKJ
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the patch successfully, but am unable to get past 4.1(5)S189. It does nothing - I've checked disk space and rebooted the sensor but it just won't take and now I'm going to try the latest and greatest sigs, but I'm pretty certain that those won't take either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

7 Replies 7

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the upgrade to 4.1(5) complete? What do you see with "show version"? Did you get an error during the upgrade?

If you did not see any errors then please attach the output from "show tech" or you can open a case with Cisco TAC.

Sorry about the delay in responding...

The 4.1(5) completed absolutely perfectly - no notifications, smooth as glass. Which is why I don't understand why subsequent signature updates aren't going in.

Since I'm not exactly getting a plethora of responses, I'm going to assume this isn't a wide-spread known issue. I was hoping for a "hey, that happened to me and this is what I did." Looks like TAC is my best option?

Thanks for trying.

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same problem. I had to download the pkg file to an ftp server and then use the upgrade cmd on the sensor.

After that I queried the sensor from VMS and all work for the new updates.

You're a Rock Star!! Thanks for the tip! =)

I am having the same issue and have opened a call on it. I thought about trying the upgrade directly on my sensors, but was hoping to get a fix for the problem before resorting to that.

John

Thats funny, I had the exact opposite happen to me. I recovered a sensor back to 4.1.1S47, upgraded on the sensor from an FTP server to sp4.1-5S189, but was unable to upgrade to sig-4.1-5S200 or 201 on the sensor. I was able to apply the sig update via VMS.

Hi Guys

i had the very same problem but i opened the case with Cisco and they later told me that there is bug on VMS 2.2 when updating sensors with S189, so the only way to resolve this is to run VMS 2.3.

Hope this helps.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card