cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unlicesed ASA in FMC

NETAD
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I obtained licenses from Cisco through the partners request site by providing the license key for the fmc vm. When I add my lab 5506 to fmc and deploy the licenses to it the asa is showing unlicensed and Doesn’t support any of the features. Why is this happening?

thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In this second screenshot, edit the device >settings and then enable licenses there.

Once done, deploy the changes. it should all start working.

Rate if helps,

Yogesh

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

FMC would have 2 types of licenses.

Smart license for FTD (if running FTD code on 5506)

Classic license for firepower module on 5506 running ASA code. Do you see licenses under System>licenses>classic licenses for ASA 5506?

If yes, they can only be used for firepower module on ASA code. If you are running FTD code and have classic licenses for firepower module (protection+ control and url etc.), contact the license team at licensing@cisco.com to convert those to smart license.

Hope that help,

Yogesh

I'm actually running firepower and not FTD on the 5506.

If you are running firepower module, than you should be able to register the module to manager.

If the manager has the licenses like protection+ control and URL or malware , you can enable them from FMC.

Do you just have the FMC license or those mentioned above as well?

I have all and FMC and giving me the options to select all of them when I add the ASA but once it's done adding the firewall is in unlicensed state. I attached couple snips. 

one more

In this second screenshot, edit the device >settings and then enable licenses there.

Once done, deploy the changes. it should all start working.

Rate if helps,

Yogesh

I forgot that I have a 5506w and they issued licenses for a 5506x. That should fix the problem. Thanks for your assistance

I tried that actually before but it's greyed out. Don't know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card