Unsupported hosts

madjack01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of unsupported hosts on my CSA MC

I am running csa 5.1

All the servers are reporting the following

WindowsNT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 R2

Is there a patch that will allow these to be supported, if so where can I get it from

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Try 5.2.0.225. It supports 2003 R2 SP1.

Is there any other problem other than it reports unsupported hosts and can't do software upgrades?

I haven't tried it on R2 SP2 here.

Tom

Hi Tom

To upgrade to 5.2 is not a starter i have looked at the other machines and they are all on sp2 r1. is there a patch that i could try in my test network

Hi Steve, they don't release single patches to CSA (that I know of), just hotfixes which are full installs.

You could install 5.2 on your test network and put the agent on an R2 SP2 test server.

I think it will still complain about being unsupported.

I guess the real question is, does it work anyway even though it is an unsupported OS?

I know that it won't get automatic software upgrades from the MC.

I know that the MC runs on 2003 Standard even though it says that it needs 2003 R2.

Tom

I think 5.2 is supported for R2,SP2. You will more than likely have to perform a manual uninstall of the 5.1 client and install of the 5.2 client (I had a hand full of 2k3 SP2 systems that did not take the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2 as SP2 is not supported on 5.0... these also had to be done manually)

Hi Dave and Steve, I just did an install of 5.2.0.225 on R2 SP2 and it is supported.

Tom

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card