Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating my IPS.

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

kindly what are the procedures to update my license key....

and i need to update IPS from 5.1.5E to 5.1.6 what are the procedures ? and so i need updating my signatures i need the procedures too?

thank you.

1 Reply 1

cjbogaards
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I would recommend reading and referencing the following document....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_guide_book09186a008055de07.html

There are a few ways to accomplish each of these tasks. The following are simple ways to accomplish each task.

License key updates:

Go to license portion on the left hand side.

Click the upgrade license online. You must have a valid contract with cisco to do this. If a valid contract is in place, the sensor will validate against cisco site, and provide and install the updated license file.

Update 5.1.5 to 5.1.6

Read the release notes to determine compatibility and any potential issues. Within the release notes it gives upgrade commands and intructions.

Log into web management interface, go to update sensor tab on left hand side. It gives you options as to how to access the upgrade file as well as the path to it. Once this is entered, simply hit the update sensor button on bottom.

Update signatures:

Again read the latest release notes.

Within the release notes, it give update commands and intructions. Log into web management interface, go to update sensor tab on left hand side. It gives you options as to how to access the upgrade file as well as the path to it. Once this is entered, simply hit the update sensor button on bottom.

Note.....

Without a valid license on the sensor, no software or signature updates will be allowed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card