Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

upgrade IPS moudle on ASA to 6.0.3

I upgraded the ips module ASA-SSM-20 on the ASA from 5.x to 6.0.3 lately. The ASA are setup as active/standby. i upgraded both modules successfully on each ASA. After the upgrade, i notice the ASA failover to the other partner about 10 times for the past day, particularly when traffic was high. Before the upgrade, i don't have this problem. Anyone run into this problem before, and any idea? thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: upgrade IPS moudle on ASA to 6.0.3

Hi, I have the same problem by one our customer. I would like to compare my and your sw versions? We are using Cisco ASA ver 7.0.7GD, I tested it also on versions 7.2.2 and 7.2.3 the result is the same! Do you use also the IPS Firmware version: 1.0(11)2, Software version: 6.0(3)E1? Please could you write out from configuration "show failover state", do you see there also in the field "Last Failure Reason" = IPS Card Failure in both unit? I thing there should be some problem with the new IPS software! If you wish contact me!

Best regards

Jakub Chytracek

jakub.chytracek@nextiraone.cz

Re: upgrade IPS moudle on ASA to 6.0.3

i am running ASA version 7.2(1)19

the IPS version is 6.0(3)E1

sh failover state output as follows:

=========Failed Reason==============

My Fail Reason:

Other Fail Reason:

Service Card Failure

is there a log at the IPS needs to be cleaned or soemthing?

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies