Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT:Loading java applet failed

mylove142
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I use Cisco VMS 2.3 to manage FWSM and IDSM. I install Cisco VMS 2.3 on Windows 2000 and I use 1 computer client (Windows 2000) to connect to Cisco VMS.

Now, from Client computer, I connect:

https://x.x.x.x:1742/login.html, I see the error :"Loading java applet failed".

If you know the reason, please answer me.

Thank you very much. If you have any question, please ask me.

Cheer,

10 Replies 10

mylove142
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I send the error file that I get from Java.

I need the answer early because I don't know to connect to Cisco VMS.

If you know the error, please answer me.

Thank you very much.

Duy Khang

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Try opening VMS on the server itself. That'll tell you if it's client or server side issues.

If server side, have you restarted the server? Are all services running that are supposed to be?

If client side, have you updated the JRE? VMS 2.3 has issues with newer Java versions and will complain but ususally work.

Tom

Thank Tom,

I restarted server and all of service of VMS server run, I am sure about that.

I install Cisco VMS at E and install java 1.4.1-02 at C (default). I don't know when I install java, do I must change something?

However, I can't connect to web of Cisco VMS from server (http://x.x.x.x:1741). From Cisco VMS client, I can connect to web of Cisco VMS (x.x.x.x:1742/login.html) but I see the error "loading java applet failed".

I don't understand why Cisco VMS server can't connect to web of Cisco VMS.

If you know the error, please answer me.

Thank you

You shouldn't have to install Java on the server and that might be your problem. It could have hosed up the Web server.

Installing it on a different drive won't make any difference either.

Java (as you know) can be temperamental having different versions on the same machine.

Try removing JRE from the MC and see if that helps. If not, you may need to reinstall (or upgrade) the MC.

Tom

You can guide me to reinstall or upgrade the MC.

harshmat11
Level 1
Level 1

Please let me know the Java version available and also which is selected on your PC.Go to Internet Explorer, select > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and Under Java (Sun).If you have version Java 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 than pls select 1.3.1 as it works fine with VMS 2.2.

Hope this helps!!

He has 1.4.1-02 and I think he it installed on the server. The only Java problems I have is with 1.5 installed on a remote PC viewing a 4.0.3 MC. It whines about the Java version, but I just close that and open the MC anyway.

thank you very much. I solved my problem.

What did you end up doing?

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card