cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 & Plantronics HS-50/APC-42 issue

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I am running a CME 12.0 system and I have a Plantronics HS-50 headset with the APC-42 module to control answering and hanging up.  The answering works fine as long as the HEADSET light on the phone is not lit.    However, when the HEADSET light IS ON, about a third of the time the phone will not answer in the headset, rather it answers and sound comes out of the handset.  

What is happening is that when I end a call by pressing the button on the Plantronics headset, the call is dropped but the HEADSET light stays light every time, that is when the problem starts.  When I try to answer the next incoming call via the button on the headset, the line is answered but the sound comes from the handset.  If I press the speaker phone button and then press the call answer button on the headset, all is good and working.

When the button on the headset is pressed to hang up the call, the headset itself does drop connection almost all of the time.  I can tell this because when I blow into the headset microphone, I do not hear a echo in the headset speaker except for those few times.  But, EVERYTIME I hang up via the headset button, the HEADSET light on the phone remains on whether the headset is still connected or not.

Normally this would be such a small thing to not even worry about but I receive 100+ calls per day and its become a PIA.

Any suggestions?

0 Replies 0