cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 and DND buttons

eschroedorica
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use one of the softkeys on a 8945 a button for DID, instead of using one of the PLKs?

I know this is not possible on the 99xx series because they are SIP based, but I figured since the 8945s are SCCP, it would be possible to use a DID key just like a 79xx phone. I have specified a softkey template that has the DID key in it, but when applied to the phone, it does not show up. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

zachary.james
Level 4
Level 4

There is an updated Firmware for the 8945 9.2.3.5 which enables a number of features including customization of the background as well as the DND softkey.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What load version are you using, these phones are very buggy, the latest firmware release fixed a lot of issues thiugh.  Just as an FYI these can be deployed as SIP as well.

Chris

I think I am using the latest - 9.1.2(SCCP 9-1-2-00).

I'm not even sure if what I am looking to do is intended to be possible. I was simply hoping for it, because I would like to reserve the PLKs for actual lines, rather than feature buttons, when the bottom softkeys should, in my opinion, be available for them.

I think you are right, based on this doc it looks like you need to designate a feature key:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/user-guide/callingfeatures_8945.html#wp1027503

Chris

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Not a big deal, but it would be nice if I could use  all 4 line buttons as, you know, actual line and coverage assignments, instead of dedicating them to features, when there is a perfectly free softkey on the bottom of the screen!

Thanks for your input, Chris.

I agree, i hate the same thing on the 99XX phones where you have to waste buttons for features that were perfectly fine using softkeys.

Chris

zachary.james
Level 4
Level 4

There is an updated Firmware for the 8945 9.2.3.5 which enables a number of features including customization of the background as well as the DND softkey.

Thank you! This firmware update does indeed "fix" the DND button, andI am happy to see the addition of background images.