cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy tone/ invalid number on pound

lbthatekguru
Level 1
Level 1

Every time I press the pound key then any number after it the phone says invalid number without me putting in the full ext. #968 is my page code. / Overhead paging code. Is  it the dial plan?

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Is it the dial plan? --> 99% Yes.
Something in your dial-plan thinks, that you are already "finished" with dialing after # + 1 digit.
In CUCM it probably would be a pattern with "Urgent Priority" set. Maybe you have something similar in your dial-plan / PBX.

This is my dial plan (<*97:vmm> | [1-7]xxx | 9,[1-9]xxxxxxx | 9,04xxxxxxxxxxx | 9,01xxxxxxxxxx | 9,001xxxxxxxxxx | 9,00xx. | 8,[1-9]xxxxxxx | 8,04xxxxxxxxxxx | 8,01xxxxxxxxxx | 8,001xxxxxxxxxx | 8,00xx. | 9,*xx*xxxxxxxxxxxxx# )

I am assuming you are working with CUCM. If you are working with something else (like CUCM Express or a 3rd party PBX) please let us know.

If you are receiving an error message after a single digit press, my first thought is that the partition associated with the paging code pattern is not in the calling search space of the originating device/line. Take a look at that.

Maren

I am using 3rd party call control

If you are not using a Cisco call control system and aren't naming the one you have, I don't think we can be of much help here. I suggest you use the troubleshooting resources for your call-control system.

Maren

Im using freepbx. If you are aware of that software.