cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id issue

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

There are a few users in my company that has caller id issue when calling external numbers. Everyone in the company has their DID as their phone number mask in their line and no calling number transformation happens anywhere. When those few users in question call external numbers, it shows 'unknown' as their caller id. I had asked the user to login to another phone (we use phone auto registration and extension mobility) and place the call and still shows 'unknown' as caller id. We have CUCM ver 11.x and CUBE for PSTN. Can someone help me solve this issue?

Thanks, Khanal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide "debug ccsip messages" from CUBE for both working and non-working calls?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide "debug ccsip messages" from CUBE for both working and non-working calls?

Thanks Chris,

I compared the CCSIP message logs of two calls (one with clid issue and another with no issue). For some reason, the non working phone had directory URI configured under line settings whereas the phone without the issue didn't have the directory URI. So i removed the URI from the line of the phone with issues and it solved the problem. I am not sure if this was the correct way of fixing this issue though. But thanks for pointing me to the right direction to find the discrepancies.

Thanks, Khanal