Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 is completely dead

After another firmware update, phone became completely unresponsive. It doesn't show anything on the display (completely nothing). As far as I understand it doesn't send anything on the network (completely nothing), but it initializes it (so if I attach a laptop, it says link is up and down). It doesn't react on any input from the keypad (I even cannot reset to default factory settings). The only sign it's turned on is Headset, Mute and Speaker buttons slowly flashing in sequence. Can anybody advise, how I can solve this? Can I do it myself? Another reset method?

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Before upgrading to the signed version of the IP phone load, the phones must be loaded with the unsigned version.

Note: The unsigned version of IP phone load has a .bin extension. The signed load has a .sbn extension.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/firmware/5_0_3/english/release/notes/50_300rn.html

The phone has already been successfully upgraded to version 8.8 and worked on it, but at some moment, in the middle of network configuration, related to QoS, and rebooting phone, it stopped loading farther than Universal Boot Loaded, then, after attempt to refresh a firmware, it stopped to boot at all.