cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Voicemail to external email for local user

NCL
Level 1
Level 1

We have voicemail to email for LDAP users setup and working fine with office365 exchange server.  The issue is for a contractor/local user account in CUC to forward voicemail to their gmail account.  If I add address to relay settings under message actions I get a postmaster@gmail.com kickback.  What should I set the relay address to?  If it is an exchange account how do I forward it from there to gmail?

5 Replies 5

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

What is the actual message you are getting back from gmail?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Subject: Undeliverable: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Message could not be delivered to the following recipient(s):

Is the email address correct?  Are you able to email it from your work email successfully?  Has your Exchange team looked in to see what is being sent to gmail and if there is any modification to the message or recipient address?

Something also to consider around this is the nature of the voicemails being left for the employee and if your organization is ok with sending business voicemails outside of the enterprise.

The email address is correct and I can send to it from my email server.  Under message actions it is set to Accept and Relay Voicemail with the gmail email address.  CUC is sending the email directly to gmail.com and then I get the postmaster kickback from gmail.  Depending on who leaves a message on the phone the kickback message goes to that person's exchange mail box.  As far as I can tell, gmail does not like the CUC server as a source.  Not sure how to setup to forward through our exchange server.

What do you have configured for your SMTP Smart Host in Unity?  (System Settings - SMTP Configuration - Smart Host).  Do you have a value configured in there already?