cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.x CUC Integration

CJ8023
Level 1
Level 1

HI all, I'm having some challenges with our CUCM I inherited. I'm trying to understand the voicemail pilot DN, voicemail port DN, hunt lists, port groups and how they work together. How do I accurately reconfigure this system to get our voicemail back up and running. 

At the moment our vm pilot is set to 4099, I cleared the vm ports in cucm and created a single port with the settings: device name = ciscoum1, device pool = default, security mode = non secure, css = voicemail, extension = 4099. 

The port group is setup in cuc as a sip server, with the display name the same as the device name in cucm. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, when I dial I get either a fast busy signal or your call cannot be completed as dialed. 

Any ideas, recommendations, suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to make sure that the VM Pilot number is the same as a Route Pattern pointing to the RL/RG/SIP trunk and that the CSS applied to the VM pilot has access to this RP.

On CUC side make sure the port groups is defined correctly as SIP and points to correct CUCM call processing servers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If port group is configured as SIP port group on CUC then you need to create SIP trunk on CUCM side instead of voicemail ports in line group which are only used for SCCP integration. You can refer to following doc for SIP integration details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip.html

Thanks for the clarification. I do have the sip trunk configured in cucm. If the two are not linked, do I need to do anything else for integration other than change the port group type to SIP? 

You need to make sure that the VM Pilot number is the same as a Route Pattern pointing to the RL/RG/SIP trunk and that the CSS applied to the VM pilot has access to this RP.

On CUC side make sure the port groups is defined correctly as SIP and points to correct CUCM call processing servers.

Thanks for your help, 1 more question. Do I need to setup any ports on CUC if I'm not using SCCP?

Yes, the ports still need to be built on CUC side only. Make sure you do not exceed the number of ports exceeding the platform capacity, which you can find under "notes" for specific version and OVA size here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unity-connection.html