Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 h323 gateway registration

CSCO11256353
Level 1
Level 1

i am registering h323 gateway with CUCM 8.6

the gateway gets registered and then after a while is down.

no thing in the configuration is changed.

i restarted call manager service and its registered again and after some time its the same story.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

H323 GW does not register, H323 is a peer to peer protocol.

What are you seeing that makes you believe it is unregisterting?

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And how do you confirm the gateway is kind of down ?

H.323 gateway never shows registered in CUCM Admin page, like MGCP gateway does. I hope we are on same page on this point ?

GP.

thanks for the replies.

H323 gateway doesnot registers with CUCM and the status is always UNKNOWN, but once the process is done the IP ADDRESS is shown by CUCM.

in this case everything is working FINE but after some time the gateway start showing the IP ADDRESS as unknown.

however there is no configuration changes or anything.

hmm, is this just the status issue or calls to the gateway are also affected ? Havent seen any relevant bug but just wanted to confirm it's buggy behavior.

BTW, what's the IOS version running on the gateway router ?

GP.

the calls are also effected.

the IOS version is  C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 15.2(1)T,

i just deactiveted the Cisco CallManager service and then re activated it again.

Now the gateway is registered and IP ADDRESS is also shown in gateway page.

how i can find out if its a BUG.

There is one bug but I cant say it for sure unless we see the CUCM traces. But here you go with bug ID : CSCtw80016

There are multiple reasons for this behavior & not just the Bug. It wd be best to engage TAC with CUCM traces.

Your IOS version is fine & I am sure the gateway config also would be okay, as you are able to register the gateway initially.

GP.