Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1 - Hunt Group - Voice Mail

abartolomeu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to configure a hunt group with 3 phones. If no one answers or if they are all busy I would like the call to be forward to the voice mail. Is it possible? Where/how do I configure "the forward to the voice mail" part?

Thanks,

Ana

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ana,

These would be set here;

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to VM Pilot

Forward Hunt Busy - to VM Pilot

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

I have followed exactly the configuration you have advised but after the 3 phones ring, only a busy signal can be heard. It does not go to the voice mail.

Ana

Ana,

You need to make sure that the CSS on the Hunt Pilot have access to the partion of the VM Port.

Also ensure that you have the number of the pilot defined on Unity (I assume you are using unity for voicemail)

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Rob,

I would like to know forwarding No Answer and Busy from Hunt Pilot to Unity VM pilot No. will forward all the calls which is not answered by the hunt agents to voice mail.

For that we have to create a Subscriber in Unity with extn.of Hunt Pilot No.?

From where we can access this voice mail?

Can we access the voice mail from the agents phone?

Rgds

John

Hi John,

What many people do is to do one of two things;

1. Make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on an existing Line Group Members mailbox so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on their phone.

2. Add a second "shared" line to all Line Group members phones and then set the Hunt Pilot DN as an Alternate Extension on this new line so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

In this example we are going to go with Method #2 and Light the MWI Lamp on all the phones within the Line Group when a Message is left for the group.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot #.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the second Line appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob