Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Calling Party Transformation Patterns

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
I am struggling to figure out how to apply Calling Party Transformation Patterns on CUCM for MGCP gateways.
Basically, we use MGCP gateway everywhere so I need to apply CPTP on CUCM. However, I know how to do this using a gateway (CME) as an example.
Below is what I am trying to figure out using CUCM...Here as you can see, if the calling party number is 000xxxx then the calling Party xformation is set to 353xxxx and then egress to PSTN.

If the calling party number is 111xxxx, then the calling party xformation is set to 454xxxx and then gets sent to the PSTN;

---------------------------------------------------------
voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^000\(...\)$/ /353\1/
rule 2 /^111\(...\)$/ /454\1/
!
voice translation-profile OutBound_CallerID
translate calling 1
!
dial-peer voice 101 pots
destination-pattern 9T
translation-profile outgoing OutBound_CallerID
port 0/0/0:15
!
---------------------------------------------------------

The only way I know how to do this is by creating 2 sets of CSS and PTs. Then, create the same route pattern in both (example 9.!) but set the CPTM on each route pattern as 353xxxx on one and 454xxxx on the other. Then by putting some of the phones with one CSS and some with the other it will work. This is not ideal as I need to be able to do it before matching the Route Patterns and I need all phones to use the same CSS.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

how do you get 2 different calling numbers 111XXXX and 000XXXX?

have you configured the extensions with 111XXXX & 000XXXX as the external phone number mask?

if so, you can change the mask to 353XXXX & 454XXXX

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

In MGCP you can't apply voice translation in Gateway level. you can apply transformation on Voice Gateway only.

for your requirement for the calling transformation

111XXXX  ===> 454XXXX

000XXXX ===> 353XXXX

create calling transformation pattern with the above requirement.

CallRouting--> calling Party Transformation---> calling party transformation

in the Gateway level, change the calling party transformation calling search space to match the pattern you have created.

there is a check box to use device pool calling transformation mask, don't forget to remove the checkbox

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

@Anas, thanks for the response, great answer.One question. When creating 'Calling Party Transformation Patterns' should the pattern be the original calling party number i.e 111XXXX.

For example, in the below screenshot will CUCM match the pattern if extension 111XXXX tries to make an outbound call?

So the call flow on CUCM goes:

Ext 111XXXX makes call > Route Pattern>RouteList>ROuteGRoup> Gateway>CPT CSS Applied matching below rule which changes Calling PT to 454XXXX > PSTN

Would that be correct?

Thanks.

Hello as an addition of Anas's comment, you can set the CPTP  like this way.

Create one calling party transformation css ,and tick the same css in the mgcp gateway configuration.Un tick use device pool transformation CSS.

Assign one partition to the CPT CSS,where you can add the pattern like this. Like wise use it for 1111.pattern.

You can set the proper type and plan if needed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/bccm-851-cm/b03cldpt.html

Thanks

Afsal Abdul Gafoor