cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Forward E1 PRI Pilot No. calls to Cisco Unity Auto Attendent?

Pankaj Misra
Level 1
Level 1

Hiiii.

I am configuring an Auto Attendent in Cisco Untiy. That Auto Attendent is working accordingly.

I have internal extensions which uses PRI Pilot No. for PSTN Calls. Vice-versa So if someone calls that PRI Pilot NO. from PSTN, i want to sent these calls to Auto Attendent.

I am using a mgcp voice-gateway. I am not able to figure out how to forward these calls to Cisco Unity Auto Attendent.

Can anyone suggest how to accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj Mishra

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok in this case I am assuming the cti for the unity had internal number in the range 1200xxx or whatever internal number

All what you need is to use a translation pattern to translate called number 1234000 to the cti number

This can be done by creating a partition where the gateway/pri CSS has access to it and assign it to the translation pattern

In the translation pattern put the number as it reach internal system after transformations such as 12000000 for the 12340000

Give CSS can access the cti

In the transformation mask put the cti number such as 1200000

About the rating it's ok ok just rate the others if it'd helpful

But again I am not sure how you do transformations in the incoming direction but the idea is to translate the main number to the pilot cti number

Hope this help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok from PSTN over the PRI the call will come as full number

if you are using 4 digit dialing including the Pilot number then forst thing is to make sure in the PRI setting of MGCP in CUCM set the incoming significant digits to 4 to receive las 4 digits only

create a CIT route point with number exactly as the auto Attendent number in unity

chose the correct vocie mail profile of this unity server

use a CSS in the forward all section of the CTI route point number that have access to the unity voice mail ports partitions

then check the check box of forward all voice mail

now if the DID PSTN number is 12345678 and the CTI and auto Attendent number is 5678 the PRI will use last 4 digits to reach the auto Attendent

if the numbers are differnt you need to translate the cal before send it to the CTI and unity

Hope this help

Thanks for your valuable suggestion Marwan.

The CTI Route Point and Unity Side configuration has been done.

but the problem is, ex. PRI Pilot No. 12345678 which is on mgcp gateway. When i call this no. from PSTN, these call are ended up at mgcp gateway only. so cucm is not in the roll and hence can't do the call routing to unity.

Is there any way to send the pilot no calls to CUCM?

can please explain what you mean by the pstn pilot number

do you mean this is a number in your DID range land on your PRI from PSTN ?

if yes then once it is coming to your PRI using MGCP the CUCM will do the call control not like H323 where you need to do some of it on the Gateway level

if the call hiting the PRI then you can take it from there and routed/tranlsate it as you like using CUCM

Hope this help

please rate the helpful posts

We have a PRI Line which is having Pilot No. Ex 12340000. and we got 1000 DID no. ranging 1 to 999 means 12340001 to 12340999.

Scenario 1-  we are using internal no. like 1200XXXX where XXXX is DID No. from the given range.

we r have calling party transformation like 1234XXXX so if these DID-no calls any pstn no---they use there own DID no. for pstn calls. Like if 12001111 calls any cell no, the calling party no will be 12341111.

In that case, if the cell user dials the same no 12341111, the internal no. 12001111 gets the call.

Scenario 2- we are using internal no. like 1200XXX where XXX are Non-DID no.

So when they call any pstn no, the pilot no is used which is 12340000.

Like if 1200111 calls any cell no, the calling party no will be 12340000.

In that case, if cell user dials the same no. 12340000, the internal no. can't get calls.

so we want to send calls to no. 12340000 to Auto Attendent and then attendent will route them to extensions.

I hope this will clear the scenario.

One more thing, sorry Marwan. By mistake i clicked on 1st star, so ur previous reply was marked as 'Not Helpful'.

Is there any way to change it?

Thanks

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok in this case I am assuming the cti for the unity had internal number in the range 1200xxx or whatever internal number

All what you need is to use a translation pattern to translate called number 1234000 to the cti number

This can be done by creating a partition where the gateway/pri CSS has access to it and assign it to the translation pattern

In the translation pattern put the number as it reach internal system after transformations such as 12000000 for the 12340000

Give CSS can access the cti

In the transformation mask put the cti number such as 1200000

About the rating it's ok ok just rate the others if it'd helpful

But again I am not sure how you do transformations in the incoming direction but the idea is to translate the main number to the pilot cti number

Hope this help

Pankaj Misra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello marwan.

Thank you so much for your effective help. It helped me a lot to accomplish the task.

By using translation pattern and using called party transform mask, now calls are being routed to appropriate Auto Attendent.

Thanks Once again.

Pankaj

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Happy to help and thanks for the rating

Cheers,