cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I only want 1 DN to ring on this particular phone but all other DN's to not ring on that phone only

daniel espinal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My tittle pretty much says it all. I've got a CUCM 7.0.2

This particular phone has 4 shared DNs and 1 exclusive DN. I want the exclusive DN to ring on this phone but I want the other DNs to not ring on this phone.

It seems like it's an all or nothing thing with DNs. Either they ring on all phones or they don't. Am I correct? I'd like only 103 to ring. But I don't want to silence all the other DNs on other phones.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A shared line will ring/alert in all devices, there's no way to avoid that, the only reason it won't ring, is if the call is the N+1 call from what you configured in the busy trigger for the device.

If the line is idle, it will ring.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OK for the fast reply.

Second question. Those 4 DNs are associated with outside phone numbers. Do you think maybe I can duplicate those DNs so that I can have two sets of DNs per phone number? This way I can have one that rings and one that doesn't. Phones who need that outside line to ring will get 1 and phones that don't will get another.

Or is that not allowed? 

I don't understand what you have, or what you're trying to do here.

If you mean you want to have the same DN in a different partition and assign those to different devices, or even the same device, yes, you can do that.

Otherwise, elaborate or provide an example.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

well simply put. 196-199 are external numbers. I want those external numbers to be accessible from every phone but I only want them to ring on some phones and flash on other phones. 103 is a direct line and must ring always.

this particular phone needs 103 to ring but 196-199 to flash. but at the same time 196-199 needs to ring every place else.

Simple right?  

Hi.

Can you please explain the expected behavior?

Putting those DNs on a different partition on that phone, could mak that phone unreachable on those line except for particular Calling Search Space .

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

So 199, 196, 197, and 198 are all outside phone numbers. If an incoming call come it goes to the corresponding DN. same for outbound calls. 103 is internal.

the physical phone is located in a room where we don't want any outside phone calls to ring but we do want the ability to flash the indicators so if the person in that room wants to pick up that call they can. However, 103 is a direct line so the phone must ring if 103 is dialed. 

daniel espinal
Level 1
Level 1

OK I'm a complete idiot. I thought that when you clicked on a DN those settings where universal. I didn't realize they were only for that phone.I didn't see this line. Thanks for the help anyways, you guys are awesome.