Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls shows "From Unknown Number" instead of Caller-ID

Balaji Ezhumalai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello All,

While receiving incoming calls from the PSTN line, instead of Caller-ID I am getting the "From Unknown Number" message on the cisco phone.

In my setup, I have CUCM, CUC, two voice gateways, two CTI route points in CUCM, two System call handlers for Auto Attendant in CUC, and each voice gateway has 5 cisco phones.

Voice gateway 1:  192.168.50.1 (Head Office - has 2 PSTN lines connected to the FXO)

Voice gateway 2:  192.168.60.1 (Branch Office - has 2 PSTN lines connected to the FXO)

CUCM:  192.168.50.100

CUC:  192.168.50.98

CTI 1 for VG 1: 3050

CTI 2 for VG 2: 3060

Call Handler 1 (Auto Attendant 1) for VG1:   3050      (Press 1 for Head Office, Press 2 for Branch Office)

Call Handler 2 (Auto Attendant 2) for VG2:   3060      (Press 1 for Head Office, Press 2 for Branch Office)

Head Office Phone: DN-1001

Branch Office Phone: DN-2001

Voice mail Hunt pilot & voice mail pilot is: 3000

VG1:

Connection plar opx 3050

VG2:

Connection plar opx 3060

The Caller-ID is enabled in both voice gateway's voice-ports.

Voice gateway 1, CUCM, and CUC are in the same network - 192.168.50.0 (Head Office)

Voice gateway 2 is a different network - 192.168.60.0 (Branch Office)

Network visual.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tasks are:

1. Incoming calls from both Voice Gateway 1 & 2 have to ring the head office phone (DN:1001) via call handler (auto-attendant) when 1 is pressed.

2. Incoming calls from both Voice Gateways has to show the Caller-ID

Task 1 has no problem and it works fine.

The problem is: 

When I get incoming calls for the head office (phone-1001) from Voice Gateway 1, it works fine and it shows the Caller-ID.

(Note: The CUCM, CUC, VG1, and cisco phone is in the same network installed in head office-192.168.50.0)

But when I get incoming calls for the head office (phone-1001) from Voice Gateway 2, it shows "From unknown number" instead of Caller-ID.

(Note: The incoming call to the head office is from a different network- 192.168.60.0, branch office)

Please help

and thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a distinct difference here in that you do get calling number info from the service provider for PSTN services.

----- ccCallInfo IE subfields -----
   cisco-ani=07076069095
   cisco-anitype=0
   cisco-aniplan=0
   cisco-anipi=0
   cisco-anisi=0
   dest=3050
   cisco-desttype=0
   cisco-destplan=0
   cisco-rdie=FFFFFFFF
   cisco-rdn=
   cisco-rdntype=0
   cisco-rdnplan=0
   cisco-rdnpi=0
   cisco-rdnsi=0
   cisco-redirectreason=0 fwd_final_type =0
   final_redirectNumber =
   hunt_group_timeout =0

You'll have to verify with your service provider why you do not get calling number information for calls that hits you branch office gateway.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Balaji Ezhumalai
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is another example,

Let us assume that we have

* Phone A

* Voice gateway A

* Voice gateway B.

PSTN Calls from voice gateway A to Phone A shows the caller ID,

but PSTN calls from Voice gateway B to Phone A do not show the Caller-ID instead it shows "From Unknown Number".

All this happens via "CTI route point" in CUCM and the "system call handler" in CUC.

To check if it’s something with the configuration in CUC you could try to set the connection plar opx 3050 in VG 2 and the reverse in VG 1. You could also do a DNA for both of the VG’s to both of the AA numbers to see if there would be a difference in call routing.

Response Signature

Hello Mr. Roger, thanks for attending to my question.

I did change the connection plar and AA as you suggested but it is still the same and there are no changes.

Here I have attached our scenario for a detailed view:

Network visual.jpg

Like I wrote before,

Calls from network A PSTN to phone A works fine and shows the Caller-ID

likewise, calls from network B PSTN to phone B works fine and shows the Caller-ID

But, calls from network A PSTN to phone B, and network B PSTN to phone A did not show the Caller-ID instead it shows "From Unknown Number".

It seems when the call travels from one network to another, it does not carry the Caller_ID information.

Please help

Interesting. Can you please share the full configuration of your two gateways?

Response Signature

Good morning Mr. Roger

I have attached the configuration of two gateways in this message.

Why do you have “clid strip” under dial peer 1100? As this is the inbound dial peer peer for the pots call leg I would think it is going to strip off the calling information.

See this post for additional details. https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/clid-strip-incoming-dial-peers/td-p/2032854

Response Signature

I did just tried this solution but the problem remains the same.

I have removed "clid strip" for both gateways

and I have created a new dial-peer for incoming calls as suggested in the link

but still, the problem exists.

For your setup you don't need to create a new dial peer as you have different once for in- and outbound already.

Could you please do a "debug voip ccapi inout" and "debug vtsp all" and post the output as an attached text file?

Response Signature

I got that, Sir.

I have actually removed the old dial-peer 1100 and created a new one in order to check, but as I said before there were no changes.

So again I have changed the dial-peer to its old state.

Here I have attached the "debug voice ccapi inout" and "debug voip vtsp all" text files.

Always thanks for your guidance and support.

From what I can tell you're not getting any calling number info for your call, so it is somewhat surprising that you say that it works for a local call.

cisco-ani=
   cisco-anitype=0
   cisco-aniplan=0
   cisco-anipi=0
   cisco-anisi=0
   dest=3060
   cisco-desttype=0
   cisco-destplan=0
   cisco-rdie=FFFFFFFF
   cisco-rdn=
   cisco-rdntype=0
   cisco-rdnplan=0
   cisco-rdnpi=0
   cisco-rdnsi=0
   cisco-redirectreason=0   fwd_final_type =0
   final_redirectNumber =
   hunt_group_timeout =0

Could you please share debug voip ccapi inout of a local call as well?

Response Signature

Here I have attached the "debug voip ccapi inout" text file for HQ local call.

I have called my HQ PSTN (042-626-9095) attached to the HQ gateway from a normal landline (070-7606-9095)

The call was properly connected to the HQ cisco phone DN: 1001, and I was able to see the called-ID as 070-7606-9095.

There is a distinct difference here in that you do get calling number info from the service provider for PSTN services.

cisco-ani=07076069095
   cisco-anitype=0
   cisco-aniplan=0
   cisco-anipi=0
   cisco-anisi=0
   dest=3050
   cisco-desttype=0
   cisco-destplan=0
   cisco-rdie=FFFFFFFF
   cisco-rdn=
   cisco-rdntype=0
   cisco-rdnplan=0
   cisco-rdnpi=0
   cisco-rdnsi=0
   final_redirectNumber =
   hunt_group_timeout =0

You'll have to verify with your service provider why you do not get calling number information for calls that hits you branch office gateway.

Response Signature

This is really helpful, Sir.

Actually, we have 4 PSTN lines in HQ, and 4 PSTN lines in the branch office. For simplicity and ease of understanding, I drop 2 PSTN line scenario.

After receiving your above suggestion, I have now checked all the PSTN numbers and two gateways for "local calls" and "AA route calls".

As you said, there is no problem with the HQ gateway and PSTN lines as it shows the Caller-ID information for both "local calls" and "AA route calls"

On the other hand, none of the PSTN number shows the Caller-ID for both "local calls" and "AA route calls" in the branch office gateway.

As you suggested, I will talk to the SP tomorrow and update asap, Sir.

Good Afternoon Mr. Roger. Hope you are doing good.

Finally, the problem has been fixed, and it is from the service provider's side.

As you suggested, I have called the service provider and told them that the calling number is not showing. Then they have fixed it from their side.

Now I am able to see the Caller-ID information on both "local calls" and "AA route calls" in the branch office VG.

Here is the "ccapi inout" after fix:

(this is from the branch office "local call")

cisco-ani=07076069095
cisco-anitype=0
cisco-aniplan=0
cisco-anipi=0
cisco-anisi=0
dest=3060
cisco-desttype=0
cisco-destplan=0
cisco-rdie=FFFFFFFF
cisco-rdn=
cisco-rdntype=0
cisco-rdnplan=0
cisco-rdnpi=0
cisco-rdnsi=0
final_redirectNumber =
hunt_group_timeout =0

I really appreciate your help and support

Thanks a lot, Sir.

(Note: I have attached the full "ccapi" debug report to this message for your reference)