Views
Helpful
Replies

translate prefix with another number CUCM

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am  using Cisco call manager Ver 6 with H.323 GW.

I need to translate the prefix "9" with another number "08888". I dont want user to dial this 08888, that is the reason I am doing this.

I have done this with the help of translation rule in CME and this is working. I need the same to be working on places with CUCM.

Need help of the techies.

Faizal

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can accomplish this in several ways. One option is to use voice translation profiles on the H.323 gateway in the same way that you have already done on the CME system.  There are several options on the CUCM, but they all have the same general theme.

For instance, you can create a route pattern like this:

We create a pattern with a dot "." after the 9.  Then we instruct the CUCM to discard anything before the dot (which means we drop the 9) and then we tell CUCM to prefix 08888.

You can perform the digit manipulation at a Route Group level as well.  Handy if you had to apply different prefix rules for different telephony systems.  With 7.x you can also use a robust set of transformations at the gateway level.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

I have applied the same as mentioned in the screenshot . I can see it prefix 08888 in the GW when i tyrn on the debub voice dial-peer. But the call are getting routed as normal.

Also I would like to know whether the same can be applied to a MGCP Gateway.

Faizal

If you see the right number in the debug then CUCM did his job, move on to the GW to check the routing and your configuration.

The method Bill mentions is protocol independant so you can use it with any GW you have.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate