Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to come up with a good PARK or Meet Me solution

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Hey all, 

I am in the middle of a migration of a TDM PBX to CUCM (10.5 PCCE Cluster) and on that TDM PBX we used a special analog PARK gateway from a company that is no longer around. Im working on getting this old PARK GWY working through a VG310 AGW but until then Im trying to buy time. Anyway this call PARK GWY gave the following

1. Basic call PARK

2. Status monitoring of Call PARK (you can see what PARK number is active)

3. Call reversion timer

4. Up to 5 callers on a call or the ability to observe\barge in to a call

5. Call recording of any PARKed call even with after a recorded station drops off the call. 

No problem i can do 1-3 pretty much with DCP and DCP BLF , number 4 I havent tried yet with DCP but I would think a conf should work , number 5 I am stumped on because unless a recorded phone stays active on the call Im not sure how to get it recorded. 

If I use Meet Me I cant do any status monitoring (biggest issue) , I cant do reversion (not a big deal) , after adjusting the ent parameter I could do the up to 5 callers and im back to the same issue with recording. 

Anyone have any thoughts either with a later version of CUCM (again this is on a 10.5 PCCE cluster) , 3rd party or something Im not thinking of? If I could just get a way to see which Meet Me is in use the customer would be okay. I opened a TAC case asking if their were any options and I didnt get anything. I dont maybe if their is something I can pull from a SQL at the CLI or AXL to get some convoluted "this Meet Me number is in use" 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there's a way to monitor which meet-me DNs are in use, and perhaps I'm not understanding exactly what your old system did on 5

On CUCM, a parked call, turns into a one way audio call, so, they want that MOH to be recorded as well???

For #4 you can do conference or cBarge, with the caveat they need to be shared lines.

Barging in from another line, would require a 3rd party or a UCC product.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

So I am still trying to work through this scenario but I have a possible solution, though I cant think of how to make it happen , being worked on..

1. Do you know of a way or an approach to audio record a Meet Me Conference triggered from CUCM 10.5 where the originating phone drops the line?

The recording Solution I am using for this is ZOOM Int, other tools I have are PCCE and CUCM 10.5. Obviously if I start the Meet Me from a recorded phone and stay on the line the call will get recorded but the variable to that is how to keep recording that Meet Me conf if the originating phone drops off. As a brute force I can just leave the phone always connected to the Meet Me but that doesn't make sense from an efficiency stand point.

Hi,

If you have unity connection integrated with CUCM then you can use the live record feature of CUC. The way it should work is, user can initiate meet me conference, press conference softkey, dial the live record number and the recording would start. All the recordings will go to user's mailbox.

You can refer to the guide below to configure live record on CUC:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag170.html#pgfId-1071465

I have never tested live record with meet me but its worth a shot. 

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)