cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating DC directory via bat

wrightmp
Level 1
Level 1

We are having problems using the bat tool to update users in CM413. Our aim is to update 700 odd users from a 4 digit number to a 10 digit number. Has anyone a solution in bat or alternatively in dc directory. I have seen some forum entries that say this is possible via the bulk admin tools in DC Directory. Has anyone experience in these tools.

We are having problems bulk updating the users telephone number. Any help would be great.

Regards and Thanks Mark.

7 Replies 7

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The Bulk Administration Tool (BAT), a plug-in application to Cisco CallManager, lets you add, update, or delete a large number of phones, users, Cisco VG200 gateways and ports, and Cisco Catalyst 6000 24 Port FXS analog interface modules to the Cisco CallManager database. Where this was previously a manual operation, BAT helps you automate the process and achieve much faster add, update, and delete operations.

BAT Specifications

The following specifications apply to BAT Release 4.1(1):

?BAT Release 4.1(1) is compatible with Cisco CallManager Release 3.0(5a) or later.

?You must install BAT on the same server as the Publisher database for Cisco CallManager.

?The BAT application, along with the Tool for Auto-Registered Phones Support (TAPS) application, uses approximately 16 MB of disk space for the applications and the online documentation.

?Only Cisco CallManager system administrators require access to BAT; however, end users can use TAPS when instructed to do so by the system administrator.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_book09186a00802126c2.html

marcel.ancona
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark

I had the same problem. This looks like a bug in BAT.

Instead of changing the telephone number it modifies the primary extension field in the Directory.

Unfortunatelly it looks like this problem has not been fixed with the latest SR.

I had written a simple tool that reads the users and numbers from a flat file and updates them in the directory.

I will see if I still have it somewhere and get back to you.

Regards

Marcel

Nice one - that would be great!

Mark,

I'm updating almost 1500 numbers in DC Directory and I have the same problem.It updates only the primary extension and not the number.

I saw this post if you still have that application and if you can share that with us that would be great.

I can also give me my personal email id if you want.

Please let me know.

We are running CM 4.1.3 sr5b

Thanks

Bala

Hi, I did not receive the program from marcel.ancona in this forum . If you get it please send it on or attach to mark.p.wright@bt.com. Thanks Mark.

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Bulk Update inside Directory Manager. That's what I did to change over 1000 numbers.

Thanks...good to know we can do a bulk update in Dir Manager.

Can you give me little more details how you used the filters and modified all the 1000 entries.I tried this and help files are not clear on how to do that.

I have all the new numbers with current user id in a excel file and I'm not sure how to load all these entries there.

Thanks again for your help.

Bala