Views
Helpful
Replies

voice gateway with extension number-ip phone MAC address

petercinvest
Level 1
Level 1

I can login to voice gateway, we have 130 employee in different rooms, 

I want to know IP phone mac address 5E4F.*.* belongs to which extension number. how to check? I have no access to CUCM

9 Replies 9

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you know phone IP address? If not and somehow you get the phone IP, you will be able to know the DN as well assigned to it.

1. Use 'show cdp ne' command in switch to know the phones IP address.

2. You can access address lease in your DHCP server to know the phones IP address.

3. If you know the phones subnet, use 'arp -a' to know the phones IP address.

Once you get the IP, you can login to phones web GUI which will give some basic info like extension number etc.

-Vivek

no, we are using access port not trunk port, cdp neighbor didn't work.

as I said. I don't have CUCM access, I only have access to voice gateway cisco 2951, my question is find extension number from voice gateway

CUCM and voice gateway doesn't share any device database so you can't get this information from voice gateway with the below exception.

Are you using SRST?

If yes, there could be two possibilities. Either phone is configured manually or will use SNAP to push its configuration. If configured manually, you can check ephone or voice register pool to check if this MAC is configured there. If not configured manually and using SNAP, try to make phone registers to voice gateway (by removing the network between phone and CUCM temporarily) and you can find the DN in gateway logs.

-Vivek 

which command to check voice gateway log?

I can't go to around 100 phones to check the IP one by one. 

our dhcp is windwos server, not cisco, sh ip dhcp binding | in 015e.4f shows empty record in voice gateway

tftp -i 10.2.3.5 get SEP5e4f.cee1.3056.cnf.xml. shows file not found.

we are using SRST, our version is : SCCP42.9

pls provide solution

Hi Peter.

If you know the ip subnet of ip phones, you can use the cisco ip phone inventory tool which can be found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/cipinventory/

Ip phones need to have web access enabled.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I have download the cnf.xml, but it didn't list the phone DN.

from the web GUI of my IP phone, under network configuration, I didn't find  anything related to SRST setting, how will I know whether that phone is SRST enabled.

also in web gui, I find streaming 1, 2,3,4, how to know what are the tel numbers this phone make call, can we download streaming data (the content of the talk)?

If you're using windows based DHCP server, then you should check the address lease in windows server, not in voice gateway. Did you check in windows server?

For SRST, I've been mentioned in my past comment.

I'm afraid as don't see any other easy way to get the info you want.

- Vivek

Hi Peter,

sh ip dhcp binding | in 015e.4f

From the output you will find IP address of phone. If web access is enabled on the Phone then you will be able to find the DN on the webpage.

-----------------------

If we are using SIP phones, then just pull the xml config from CUCM servers and you can see the DN in sipline parameters

tftp -i <CUCM TFTP server IP address> get SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml.

(Make sure you machine works as TFTP client)

-Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha

malkiat.dhami1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

To get MAC address mapping with respect to extension number:

Go to command prompt and type below command:

# show stcapp device summary

it gives you port - MAC address - Extension number - state mapping on all phones registered to voice gateway

Best,

Malkiat