Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1 way caller name-id across E1 QSIG trunk between Nortel Meridian and Cisco

Hi ,

Has anyone come across this ? We have an MGCP controlled Cisco Voice Gateway. It has an E1 QSIG trunk connected to a Nortel Meridian PBX. Everything is working fine except when a Cisco IP Phone calls a Nortel PBX phone - the caller name ID does not appear on the Nortel phone. The reverse works - i.e. when a Nortel PBX phone calls a Cisco Phone - the caller name ID appears on the Cisco phone.

I have "debug isdn q931" running on the Cisco Voice Gateway. I can see the calls to and from PBX to Cisco. Each time I can see the 'facility ie' value being sent and received. Fairly sure this is the "caller name ID" value.

However , when I send it to the PBX - it does not seem to understand or use this value. Don't think its a problem on the Cisco side , as I can see the 'facility ie' value been sent by Cisco VG across the QSIG trunk

Any ideas on this ?

Attached is a document used to configure the Nortel Meridian QSIG trunk ?

4 REPLIES

Re: 1 way caller name-id across E1 QSIG trunk between Nortel Mer

Hi,

had the same issue with CCM v6.1, but using an E1 QSIG over an H.323 gateway against a Nortel Meridian

problem was solved when checking the "Display IE Delivery" and "Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound" on the GW conf page

Hope that helps

Hi guys I havethe same issue however I cannot set the IE Delivery field is uncheckable I think that is because the switch type is set to 4ess.. What is your set to? DMS?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Mike,

If you are not using QSIG then the protocol we had success with for a Cisco/Nortel PRI was DMS100.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

Have you tried to change the "QSIG Variant" located at Service Parameter > CallManager (Advanced) to "ECMA" instead of "ISO"? I think the Nortel PBX did not support ISO message.

Hope this help,

WahyuKurnia

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content