cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

11 digit dialplan need to be able to xfer 4 digit during Unity AA greeting

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have an AA that allows for tranfering to an extension while the greeting is running. But the client wants to be able to dial 4 digit extensions during the AA greeting.

dial 4 digit extensions when they have 11 digits Dial plan.

How do I configure the call handler or unity to make this happen.

Currently all the users have an 11 digit dial plan. What will it take to get this done?

THanks

5 Replies 5

Hi

On cucm, configure Translation Pattern that translate xxxx to yyyyyyyxxxx

Thx

Peterson

The best apporach is to modify the cue script to append missing numbers.

For example, CUE AA allow 3 digit numbers (130) transfer, to reach the Internal extension which is 8-664-24130, you have to append 866424 in cue script then.

I have attached an working example which you could refer to it.

sorry..should have specified, this is Full blown Unity. I have found the solution, in Tools depot, advance tools, you can prepend the digits.

I will give you credit for you answer any ways...thanks for you input, might need that for my future CUE installs.

Shir

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would have to make sure each Unity subscriber has an alternate extension added (with their 4-digit extension). Then you'd be able to dial the 4-digit extension and it would transfer out to the 11-digit extension (which would be the primary extension and transfer pattern). The Bulk Edit tool for Unity allows you to create these alternate extensions automatically. See:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would have to make sure each Unity subscriber has an alternate extension added (with their 4-digit extension). Then you'd be able to dial the 4-digit extension and it would transfer out to the 11-digit extension (which would be the primary extension and transfer pattern). The Bulk Edit tool for Unity allows you to create these alternate extensions automatically. See:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkEditUtility_40.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: