cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

14 line 7970, rearranging line order

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 7970 with an expansion module. I need to rearrange the order of the lines without changing the config.

It looks like I should be able to do this with "Modify Button Items", but it also looks like I am on a standard template "14 line 7970"

If I rearrange the line order and save the config, does this automatically create a new phone individual template and associate it with the mac-address?

7 Replies 7

simionov.adrian
Level 1
Level 1

If you use the modify button, it will create a new individual phone template. I do not recommand that, cause try to imagine what will happen when you have 15000 individual phone templates.

Try to remove the association between the lines and device profile for all extensions, and add them again in the order you want, keeping the Standard template.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, cucm will create new template which you can later simply switch and delete.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks again for being a big help Chris.

I was able to rearrange the lines and it created a custom template. But there is one line that was not there that needs to be added.

Basically this is a Manager phone and has all the other workers extensions configured as an additional extension on her phone.

As you can tell I am new to doing these things, so I am not 100% sure on what all needs to be done. I could just recreate the line by copying everything from the missing extension, but is this how it would normally be done?

Also, I see I need to associate the Managers phone (mac address) to the extension I am goingto add the the expansion module. Is this correct?

I am not following completely, create a template that matches the exact line/feature appearances for this phone type and assign it to the phone, if the template matches button functions everything will be preserved.

Chris

Sorry Chris,

I meant to update this before you had to post anything.

I found what I was looking for, I like your tip of creating the custom template, and just deleting it if it is no longer needed.

I re-arranged the numbers and saved and it created the custome template, but I needed to add an extension to the module that was not on there before.

I wasn't sure how to "associate" the users phone to the line on the expansion module. I found that once I added the line and selected the correct partition, everything else that was needed pretty much populated on it's own except a couple of line tags.

But,  the line on the expansion module was associated with the phone.

Chris, I don't know if you saw my last post on this, but I mentioned that on the expansion module, on the line that I needed to add, all I had to do was enter the extension number.

Once I added the partition information, the line was associated to the expansion module and most of the fields were populated.

This would indicate that a line is a seperate entity unto itself and can be associated to numerous phones once it is created, is this correct?

Also, since it knew which line I was getting once I put the partition information in the config, then is it correct to say that you can have overlapping directory numbers in different partitions?

Although it could get confusing, is that possible?

Once I added the partition information, the line was associated to the expansion module and most of the fields were populated.

That indicated you already have that line defined on another phone and it became a shared line, or that it was defined before and deleted and you have the auto popluation service parameter enabled.

This would indicate that a line is a seperate entity unto itself and can  be associated to numerous phones once it is created, is this correct?

Correct, you can actaully build lines without phones, see it under Route menu

Also, since it knew which line I was getting once I put the partition  information in the config, then is it correct to say that you can have  overlapping directory numbers in different partitions?

See my first answer, the way to see if this is a shared line is to look under associated devices box on the DN to see if there are more than one device listed.

Chris