Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 Analog phones calling IP phone

Hey there,

I am currently following an internship in a company who is specialized in networking/voice over ip/network security/cloud computing etc. 1 of my assignments is configuring and studying T.38 fax protocol. So basicly i have build a network with 3 sites. Each site is connected trough a serial to eachother (PPP). Routing is implemented and works perfect. Each site has a CUCM 8.0 beta running on a HP Blade server. I have also configured the callmanager so that 3 cisco IP phones 7970G can all with eachother. At the moment i am trying to setup faxing in 1 site only (so on the local network). My boss has told me to make sure i can call between 2 fax devices first and i can call between a fax device and a IP phone.

So here is my problem:

I connected a cisco 2801 with IOS 12.4 (ipvoice), who has 1 VIC2 fxs module, on the router of my local network. I configured it with the following config (http://users.telenet.be/najdo/2801config.txt). And i registered the cisco 2801 as a gateway in CUCM8 and i have configured the 2 ports in CUCM8.

I have connected 2 fax devices on the module and i can call from the fax device to an IP phone. But on the IP phone i see the 2 fax devices calling to me (so i see 2 numbers calling me). And i have no idea why.

Also, when i try to call between the 2 fax devices i dont hear the receiving fax ringing.

Ive tried to google the problem but i didn't find any solutions. Is this a wrong configuration in CUCM, or is it something in my config? Or is this problem due the fact that both fax devices are connected on one module?

When i use the show stcapp device summary i see that the fax devices are in idle state (so they are connected). And also on the CUCM i see that the devices are registred.

Best regards

Davy.

Views
Helpful
Replies