cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 DMA Questions

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

1. I am trying to run 6.1 DMA tool (latest version) on a 4.2(3) Pub. This is older hardware, a P3 with 18.2GB hard drives that I had to keep deleting trace files just to get 4GB to install DMA. So what is happening is that I run the export and it gives a few warnings which is fine I can fix those. But then it starts the validation process and says it will run for approximately 56 minutes. But it runs for over two hours and pegs the processor at 100% and just refreshes the status screen. The DMA webpage in the background actually times out. And as far as I can tell, nothing is actually happening. While that is going, I am getting several errors in the application log under "online" saying the the maximum connections 44 is being hit. Has anyone seen this or do I just not have enough horsepower on this server.

2. If I can't get it working on that box, my next thought was to rebuild a new Publisher and do BARS to it and then run DMA on that. My question is..can I run that offline from the subs and the phones where nothing is registered or replicated or does that Pub have to be online and have all the phones registered and the other subs connected.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

For question number 1, this seems to be a common issue. Have a look at this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbfe8c0/5#selected_message

For question number 2, I think this would be fine as you are really just migrating the Db.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

For question number 1, this seems to be a common issue. Have a look at this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbfe8c0/5#selected_message

For question number 2, I think this would be fine as you are really just migrating the Db.

Hope this helps!

Rob

For question 2 - you can build a replica of your publisher and restore the BARS backup. DMA will run in this offline scenario.

If you are using DC Directory then everything will be available to DMA. If you are using AD or Netscape directory then the replica pub will need access to this directory. Could be problematic (same host name and IP Address).

Kevin

Also, if you have installed additional locales you may want to install hem on the replica server to keep from getting additional messages about missing locales, etc.

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: