cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

24 port POE Switch w/100fx uplink?

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I have several buildings on our campus that we are looking at installing ip phones in. The problem is the existing fiber to these buildings is only Multimode and is over 1000 feet which is too far for Gigabit over multimode. Are there any 24 port POE 802.1af switches available that have 100fx uplinks?

8 Replies 8

That is good but that thread, didn't considered the new 2960 with PoE, it is much more economical than the 3xxx, so better sense where budget matters.

Tow know about compatibility with 100FX FSPs, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

True Paulo, I did not consider the 29xx series. But you are right when it comes to economics, the 2960s are a much cheaper switch than the 37xx series.

After taking a closer look and paulo please correct me if i am wrong but the Cisco Catalyst 2960-24PC-L is the only switch that supports POE on all 24 switch-ports but I don't see that model in the compatibility matrix for the 100FX SFPs.

I kind of knew that objection would have been raised by an alert reader :)

Worry not, the compatibility table just predates the poe switch. The SFP support is common to all models.

Thanks for the clear up P! Thats why you are one of the top experts....Another five points!!!

ThanksPalo for the great suggestion. 5 points headed your way.

That is too nice of you guys. Best luck and thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: