cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 VIC-4FXS/DID CallManager with MGCP

kj7radio1
Level 1
Level 1

I am provisioning a 3800 series router with VIC-4FXS/DID and want to use MGCP to connect to CallManager. The Telco is two-wire ground start so my card will supply -48V DC for signalling and Telco will ground-start my line and Touch-Tone in last 4 digits of DID number. I have 25 DID on this circuit (actually it is a group of 6 DID Tip/Ring circuits).

Is MGCP supported for this and does anyone have configuration or am I forced to use H.323 and if so same question?

Thanks. kj7radio1

3 Replies 3

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

MGCP does not support the VIC-4FXS/DID when used in DID mode. You will need to set it up as H323 signaling.

the following doc for 2600/3600 routers works for the 2800/3800s as well. I have used it many times.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800a05cd.html

Hmmm...wrong card though wrong router. Looked at the document and is referring to VIC-DID. I have VIC-4FXS/DID. Config might work but wondering if this newer card with proper IOS would in fact support MGCP with CallManager.

kj7radio1

Config for the VIC-4FXS/DID in DID mode is the same as VIC-DID. MGCP does not support analog DID with either card. H323 is required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: