Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2801 rings only first incoming call.

I all,

I have a very strange problem, I have a 2801 with CME ios 12.4.(9)T2, on this router there are a VIC with 2 BRI confiugred in this way:

interface BRI0/2/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

!

interface BRI0/2/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

When I receive the first call the phone ring normaly and works fine, but at the second incoming call the phone don't ring and in console I don't see any link activity (to caller ring free).

I'm sure that the telco ISND are ok, I tried also in my office and the problem is the same I don't know if is configuration problem. Can yuo help me please!??!

The dial peer are configured in this way

dial-peer voice 10 pots

preference 7

destination-pattern 0[0,1,3,8]+T

incoming called-number 2222222

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0

!

dial-peer voice 11 pots

preference 10

destination-pattern 0[0,1,3,8]+T

incoming called-number 3333333

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/1

and ephone-dn

ephone-dn 60

number 2222222

description 2222222

!

!

ephone-dn 61

number 3333333

description 3333333

each ephone had "button 1o1,60,61"

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 2801 rings only first incoming call.

can you post debug isdn q931?

is this the actual configuration?

because for example you are missing compand-type among other things.

Hi

really I have compand-type in the voice port, I used a configuration copied from CME on 2811 that works fine! Any other ideas?

the actual configuartion and the debug isdn q931 about 2 calls are in attach

thank you very much

Augusto.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hello Augusto,

in your log I see two outgoing calls, but earlier you said the problem is for received calls ?

Also, for the dial-peers 10 and 11, the incoming-called number should be the one given by telco, not and extension number.

You can also use a single dial-peer for multiple voice ports if you configure them in trunkgroup.

You right! I post you a outgoing calls... sorry. Now I put an incoming call.

In Dial-peer incoming-called in 10 and 11 I modified the number for privacy, but are right given by our telco.

I have the problem in only with second incoming call. I can do two outgoing calls, do one incoming call and one outgoing call, but not receive two incoming calls! The second one ring like no answer.

I don't understand what you mean about that I can use a single dial-peer for multiple voice port?

Thank for you patients

Augusto.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi Augusto,

On which ephone are you trying to receive the second call? I cannot tell because the configuration that you sent is incolete, but I see that some ephone-dn are single line, and some phones are 7902 without display. In any case, you should hear the second call as a beeps in the hansed, but you can also configure call-waiting to ring the phone base.

Also is not clear to me how do you direct incoming calls to a given phone, because I don't see a match in the number, neither you are using connection plar.

Also, can you update the loads for 7902 and 7905 to latest 8.0.2.

After you are done with the incoming call problem, I will give you an example on how to use trunkgroups.

Hi

enable dual-line on all your your ephone-dns as follows:

ephone-dn 60 dual-line

number 2222222

description 2222222

I this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content