cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 Router With CME, CUE & BT (PSTN) network

pathiksohel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2801 Router With CME and CUE installed on it.  CUE will work as an IVR. I want to connect it to BT (PSTN, ordinary telephony network, UK) network and receive call from BT

Is there any one who can guide through step by step...like what hardware do I need, and how to configure it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. Interesting. I find analog a bit finicky but they are fun to play with.

Now, for inbound calls, you would need to configure "connection plar" under the fxo voice ports and an inconming pots dial-peer. 

Eg- voice-port 0/0/0 

connection plar <destination>

now the destination can be any number or extension that you want the calls to go. Just remember, analog lines do not have a called party/destination number. Plar command sort of populates thar field. 

You need to configure this command under all the fxo ports. The destination can be same or it can be different.

An incoming dial-peer would be something like -

dial-peer 1 pots 

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial 

no vad

For outbound, lets take an example of a local 10 digit call. The dial-peer would look something like -

dial-peer 10 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......

port <fxo port number>

forward-digit 10 

The above dial-peer would attempt to send a call for a 10 digit number using 9 to get outside dial-tone.

Likewise you can configure other dial-peers for different destinations.

HTH,

Nipun

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What sort of a connection will you be using ? Is it gonna be a PRI or a SIP trunk or analog (FXO line) ?

Dial-peers would be needed anyhow to route the calls inbound and outbound. However, if you can update me a bit about the type of connection, we can take a look at the hardware etc.

HTH,

Nipun

Thank you very much for your kind help.

It is a Analog UK telephone. Connector Type is RJ11.  Please guide me some dial-peers.

Sohel

Ok. Interesting. I find analog a bit finicky but they are fun to play with.

Now, for inbound calls, you would need to configure "connection plar" under the fxo voice ports and an inconming pots dial-peer. 

Eg- voice-port 0/0/0 

connection plar <destination>

now the destination can be any number or extension that you want the calls to go. Just remember, analog lines do not have a called party/destination number. Plar command sort of populates thar field. 

You need to configure this command under all the fxo ports. The destination can be same or it can be different.

An incoming dial-peer would be something like -

dial-peer 1 pots 

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial 

no vad

For outbound, lets take an example of a local 10 digit call. The dial-peer would look something like -

dial-peer 10 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......

port <fxo port number>

forward-digit 10 

The above dial-peer would attempt to send a call for a 10 digit number using 9 to get outside dial-tone.

Likewise you can configure other dial-peers for different destinations.

HTH,

Nipun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: