Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2801 VGW with MGCP & H323 Configuration EXP with Redundancy

I want to configure 2801 VGW with MGCP or H323 Protocols for CCM 4.1.3

As I have (2) 2801 VGW I need redundancy as if failure occurs in one VGW with PRI the 2nd one takes charges with 2nd PRI configured, also I have 2 PRI for redundancy

As happens in CCM, if PUB goes down SUB takes charges and IPT works fine

3 REPLIES

Re: 2801 VGW with MGCP & H323 Configuration EXP with Redundancy

Hi,

I understand that you have 2 Voice Gateways, you can configure your first PRI as the MGCP Gateway on the First Router and the second MGCP Gateway on Second Router. Configure these gateways as part of the Route Group in order and then configure the Route List to include the Route Groups, then configure a Route Pattern and point to to the Route List to route the calls. This should help you to build the redundancy.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_2/srnd4_2/uc4_2/42gatewy.htm

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed675.html

Please do keep in mind that it is important for you to consider the redundanct at LAN and connectivity to ensure end to end redundancy for complete failover incase of any failure in the call path.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

Senior Network Engineer

Computer Network Systems

P.O. Box: 46144, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Tel :( +971-2) 6442888, Ext 2411

Mobile :( +971-50) 5212956

sriharshaa.prabhakar@cns-me.com

Thanks for your reply

I will check and get backs to you