cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have 2811 with PVDM2-16 and 4 ports FXO, so each port will take a channel from PVDM2-16, the remaining is PVDM2-12, I want to do HW conference resource using these PVDM2-12, is it possible to do this, since I get that not enough DSP resources when trying to create conf profile?

is it a limitation so that i can not share between termination for fxo ports and conf resource in the same PVDM2-xx module? or something else?

appreciate kind helps?

thanks

8 Replies 8

You will need a separate DSP for that, since the conferencing cannot share DSPs.

Dragi

thanks Dragi for ur response

so i will have PVDM2-12 channels not used !

then if i have 2 PVDM2-8 modules, and I want fxo 4 ports to consume PVDM2-4 from module 1, then i thnk i can make conf resource from the second PVDM2-8 module? right?

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

PVDMs have different DSP counts. PVDM2-16 has one DSP, PVDM2-32 has 2 DSPs and so on. If you wan to do hardware conferencing with DSPs you must dedicate at least one DSP for that (note the difference between a DSP and a PVDM!) or more depending the number of conferences you need to support.

In your case you should put the PVDM2-8 on PVDM slot 0 so it will be used by the FXO ports and the PVDM2-16 on slot 1 (these slots are on the PCB of the router).

The lowest PVDM I recommend you to use for conferencing is PVDM2-16 since PVDM2-8 is a low cost one DSP module and is not fully functional as the PVDM2-16.

BR,

Stoyan

thanks Stoyan for ur really helpful answer,

but note that i have just only pvdm2-16 card being put in slot0, then i got from ur answer it is not possible to do conf using hw resource (conf profile) with this same pvdm2-16 card keeping in mind that fxo will use 4 channels?

That's right. You will need an additional DSP based on the requirements for conferencing you have.

Check this link

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080541bf3.html

BR,

Stoyan

thanks sstoitsev

is this same case valid for HW conference resource for MoH or not?

i mean i want to utilize the existing pvdm2-16 as HW dsp resource fro MoH can i accomplish this? how?

or is it needed to have a seperate PVDM2-xx also?

thanks again

appreciate ur help

Here is a doc about that

"Cisco CallManager and Cisco IOS Interoperability Guide"

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_book09186a0080541ac8.html

Although I can't quite understand what exactly you're trying to achieve. MoH can be streamed with 711 and 729 codecs and this is configured from the service parameters.

MoH needs either HW resources or SW resources, what i meant is that i have 2811 with pvdm2-16 and 4 ports fxo, can i utilize this pvdm2-16 module for both fxo termination and as HW resource for MoH?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: