cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2851 DSP for EVM-HD-8FXS/DID

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys, i have a 2851 route with PVDM 2-48 on board. right now i have 2 VIC2-4FXO on the router. i want to increase the number of FXO ports so i would like to add the EVM module and place 2 EM-HDA-6FXO to make a total of 20 trunks. my question is does this card require its own PVDM or can i use the on-board PVDM to share resources.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will used the PVDM on-board. And I think I have an EM-HDA-6FXO for sale :)

Suggestion, 20 analog trunks makes sense for ISDN PRI instead, it would be cheaper and much more reliable. It is not available in your area ?

the PRI does make sense and is available. this is also what i quoted for them initially. However, we have only one provider in our country and toget a PRI in to the customer takes about 3-6 months (seriously). the customer said that they would need this solution to be in place ASAP so i re-configured for this analog solution. they actually wanted to scrap the project yesterday because they didnt want to go T1.

its a long issue of red tape basically (from both ends).

Yes I know in certain countries services can take a long time to deliver.

And I know that customers do routinely underestimate the importance of digital access to telco, they think in term of "just lines".

But, if you can port the number from analog to PRI, it may be possible for you to start analog and convert later.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

always a pleasure.

actually that is what i recommended as well. we will leave the analog trunks as a failover when they do finally decide to go PRI