Views
Helpful
Replies

2921 cme upgrade

mod0108537733
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2921 cisco router with cme v8.1 and around 40 ip phones registered .

I need to upgrade cme to version 10 do I will face any problem with license after upgrade ios ?

BR

Mahmoud

39 Replies 39

ok Thanks aman for your great support

I will follow with cisco about this issue

Hi Mahmod,

Please do update once u are through with lic file.you will also get the procedure on how to upload lic files

u can aslo refer the link 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/software-activation-on-integrated-services-routers-isr/white_paper_c11_556985.html

regds,

aman

Hi ,

Is your issue resolved ?

regds,

aman

not yet 

if your router was sold as voice bundle so Cisco licence team will regenerate for you uc licence file. 

After the counter has finished ,no thing happened to my license . so I think there is no problem to upgrade to the new CME and the cme license working fine till now

probably your uc licence was right_to_use and it worked in ios 15.1

now you have to purchase uc licence

probably you like me need to install 7821 phones to CME

and so you need ios 15.4 where is CME 10

you need to purchase uc licence and smartnet of course to download ios

there is nothing like license embedded in IOS. when u order new router  with CME[bundled], it includes feature license, DSP and IOS.

regds,

aman

mod0108537733
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your replay

my router came with cme pre-installed license so after changing the ios to the newer one , how can the the router will know about the license as I know the license is installed within ios

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: