cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2N Helios IP Uni + Door Lock

martynch1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, we have installed 3 door 2N Helios IP Uni intercom systems which have registered which our call manager, pressing the intercom button initiates a call through to a registered phone but we are unable to unlock the door when using the number we have configured on the Intercom Gui

Do any of you have any experience of this unit and have it working?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IN that screen shot above, go to ADVANCED and make sure you select "legacy switch code".

also choose accessibility, DTMF only

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Please elaborate about "we are unable to unlock the door when using the number...".

Do you mean that when someone pressing the 'Call' button on the pan-code it can't dial 1984, or you mean that it does dial to 1984 but when 1984 answers the call, it cannot open the door? Because if that's the case, it's not enough to answer the call but the person using ext. 1984 must press a button that is being also configured on the 2N Helios pan-code (just look in the configurations of the device, you'll find it easily).

Apologies, I was rushing to get this posted before I  had to go into a meeting.

The from door has the intercom which is connected to the door lock, when the button in pressed on the intercom it calls a number 86000 which is the receptionist phone number, she answers and should be able to dial 1984 and her key pad which should release the door lock, this is the part that is not working and I’m not even sure the settings in the image above is all we need to release the door lock.

Hope that makes a little more sense.

Martyn

Yeah, OK, I also forgot that the "Switches" page in 2N define how to door will be unlocked, and not the settings of who to dial when pressing the 'Call' button. 

I have a client with 2N intercom but it seems they have a newer version of it with a different GUI, for example they have the 'Accessibility' column and such.

Please check maybe there's something interesting in the 'Advanced' tab when you're in the Switches page. Please show us a screen shot. 

If not, I would also try my best method ever, heh... and it's taking Wireshark capture of this device and 86000. Maybe we can see an issue with the SIP messages or DTMF that is trying to pass from 86000 to the intercom.

Thank you, I will check later today

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IN that screen shot above, go to ADVANCED and make sure you select "legacy switch code".

also choose accessibility, DTMF only

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I will try this today, thanks for responding

So using the legacy mode means we don't have to use the * button too?

Also this unit does not have the option accessibility, DTMF only.

I will test and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: