cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2nd KEM for 8851

HelpingKid
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning to add 2nd KEM to Cisco 8851. When i plug the card in it's not getting any power. I'm provide POE and check the on the switch it provide 30 watts. I even try to used External power both way it power the 1st one but not the 2nd one. Am i missing something ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

See this note in the link above. There are different hardware versions for a given phone model.

*** Note: 8851 with KEM x 2 will work on 802.3at PoE only with v08 or later hardware. You can find the phone version information on the lower back of the phone located within the TAN and PID label. Version information is also located on the individual phone packaging.

View solution in original post

All my phone are V08 but here i found something that might solve the issue. I think it's the  phone firmware is causing that since my phone aren't on the latest release. Snapshot is attachedCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PoE for 2 KEMs is only supported with V08 hardware. External power cube should work. Looks like it requires Power Cube 4. See link below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-8800-series-key-expansion-module/datasheet-c78-732356.html

Brandon

I've try power cube 4 but still no luck what do you mean by V08 hardware ?

See this note in the link above. There are different hardware versions for a given phone model.

*** Note: 8851 with KEM x 2 will work on 802.3at PoE only with v08 or later hardware. You can find the phone version information on the lower back of the phone located within the TAN and PID label. Version information is also located on the individual phone packaging.

All my phone are V08 but here i found something that might solve the issue. I think it's the  phone firmware is causing that since my phone aren't on the latest release. Snapshot is attachedCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hi,

I´ve got an 8851 V05 phone with 2 KEM modeules & according to documentation I should use the power cube 4 to power them up.

The problem is that even whith the power cube I can´t see the 2nd module powering up, no light or anything that indicates it is ON.

At the moment connection to the call manager is down, could this be the reason?

Thanks,

What is firmware Version on the phone it should be 11.7 or above. Also make sure hardware version is compatible for 2nd KEM. Hardware version should be V08 or above. It doesn't required CUCM connectivity to power it ON. Call Manager doesn't provide the power - POE or power Cube is the only option that provide the power to KEM.

Please rate helpful if this solve your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: