cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 voice port numbering

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to spec out a 38xx replacement for a 3640 and am reviewing the 3640 config. In the config it has voice-ports 3/0/0-3/0/7 and then 3/0/14-

3/0/17. Show dial indicates that sot 3 is an NM-HDA-4FXS. I'm trying to a) figure out the physical what the external interface is on slot 3 (is it an 25 pair RJ-21) b) Why is there not a 3/0/8-3/0/13 port range. From that, I can figure out whether I can just move this module into the new 38XX so I don't have to worry about terminations if it is an RJ-21 interface.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

For EVM-HD-8FXS/DID, adjacent ports 0/1, 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7 share the same impedance-coefficient settings within each pair. This pairing is especially important when you are configuring some ports for DID mode and others for FXS mode. DID installations may require different impedance selections resulting from off-premises loop characteristics.

If you change an impedance setting, a message alerts you to the change.

These impedance settings apply to the baseboard (EVM-HD-8FXS/DID) only?not to EM-HDA-8FXS. Setting the impedance on the EM-HDA-8FXS changes only the impedance for the port being configured.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802c4b09.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: