Replies

3825 ISR maximum IP Phones

femi.agboade
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a callmanager setup with the following infrastructure:

ISR 3825

Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3825-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Number of IP Phones: 168

CallManager Express 7.1

I know that Cisco's documentation states that the mximum number of phones that can be supported by the 3825 is 168. I would just like to know if there is a way on increasing this number as I have need for more phones on the network.

Regards,

Femi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The limit is actually 175, plus some extra allowance.

There is no way to increase this number.

View solution in original post

this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme71spc.htm

says

Maximum Total IP Phones

Cisco 3825 = 175

Note: Total number of connected IP phones cannot exceed Maximum Total listed including  SCCP and SIP phones on the same router.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The limit is actually 175, plus some extra allowance.

There is no way to increase this number.

this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme71spc.htm

says

Maximum Total IP Phones

Cisco 3825 = 175

Note: Total number of connected IP phones cannot exceed Maximum Total listed including  SCCP and SIP phones on the same router.

Actually, the 'Total limit' is not enforced.

Hello Paolo,

Does this imply I can keep adding phones without the limit if 175 being enforced? You seen it happen before?

Regards,

Femi

Type in "max-ephones ?" and see what it lets you do.

Chris

femi.agboade wrote:

Hello Paolo,

Does this imply I can keep adding phones without the limit if 175 being enforced? You seen it happen before?

Regards,

Femi

No. I was referring 'total number' of SIP and SCCP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: