cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 with NM-HDV2-1T1/E1 card

applegreen
Level 1
Level 1

one of my customer has one 3825 with NM-HDV2-1T1/E1 installed which only has 1T1 PORT.right now, they are going to order an extra T1. so what part they need to order to get an extra T1 port? I hope they dont need to order a NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 card. thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can put the VWIC on the slot on the NM itself. So techinically you are covered for 2 PRIs unless you need more resources for other vics/vwics on the hwic slots.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

3825 has 4 HWIC slot, unless all ran out.

You can order VWIC-1MFT-T1= or VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1= and order PVDM2 for voice.

OR.

You can replace exiting VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1= (at NM-HDV2) with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1= which you give 2 ports.

Just make sure you have enough PVDM2 on the board to support 2 T1.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008039c333.shtml

please rate the helpful post.

Ken

The vwic2-1mft-t1/e1 and vwic2-2mft-t1/e1 differ in cost only by 700$ (list price) so i would go with the two port if at all possible. Like Ken said in his post, you may need additional PVDM2s to support the extra t1. NM-HDV2 has 4 pvdm slots. PVDM2s are available in 8, 16, 32, 48 and 64 channel densities. A single t1 occupies 24 channels. You do the math.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thanks, Ken&Sankar.

About the PVDM2, the 3825 already has a PVDM2-64 on NM , and there will be 2 PRIs(48 channels), technically, it should cover the need. but when I run the DSP calculator, it gives me the DSP allocation separately. for example, if I use vwic2-1mft-t1/e1 on the HWIC slot. the results it gives me are something like this : how many DSP resource needed on Board, how many DSP resource needed on NM. my question is the DSP resource on NM can be shared by T1 on HWIC card. if so . the current pvdm2-64 is sufficient , if not, we have to order more . please advice, thanks

You can put the VWIC on the slot on the NM itself. So techinically you are covered for 2 PRIs unless you need more resources for other vics/vwics on the hwic slots.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thanks, Sankar

another question regarding the DSP, I have the impression from past that Hardware based Conference bridge need to use the separate DSP module. for example, even I have some DSP resource available the pvdm2-64 after the voice termination. I can't use it as the conferencing. Can you or other pros confirm it for me? thank you very much

You can use some of the remaining DSPs for Conference bridges. I am sure with what you have left you may be able to do only 2-4 sessions. Once you configure the conferencing profile you can set the max sessions.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: