Views
Helpful
Replies

3905 in SRST

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

We have got Cisco 3905 IP phones working fine in SRST and SRST version is 10.

I have a doubt when we run the command sh ephone  ? , we do not get 3905  model while we get other models like 7960, 6921 , 8941.

Why is it so ?

I have attached the output from 29xx router.

regds,

aman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes 9971 and 9951 are also sip phones hence they do not show up.

The cme sip  is a basic sip registrar hence any sip phone ( including third phones) can register with it as long as it meets the SIP RFC .

There is no "show" command to tell you about the sip phone models however you can check the document  I have specified in my previous post  to tell you about the phone models supported in

the srst version 10.

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

3905  is a   SIP phone .  You  would  not  see  it  is  "show ephone"  as this  command is for  sccp phones.

SRST 10  does  supports this phone  :-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs10spc.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

Hi Karthik,

thanks for the prompt reply.

I think that is the reason , we do not 9971 amd 9951 as well because they also support only SIP.Is it so?

Any command which could tell us about SIP phone models.

regds,

aman

Yes 9971 and 9951 are also sip phones hence they do not show up.

The cme sip  is a basic sip registrar hence any sip phone ( including third phones) can register with it as long as it meets the SIP RFC .

There is no "show" command to tell you about the sip phone models however you can check the document  I have specified in my previous post  to tell you about the phone models supported in

the srst version 10.

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

thanks for clearing my doubt.

regds,

aman

Hi @aman and all guys!

Well, my doubt is not exactly related to the post, as you were wanting to see the ephones that had registered within SRST, however I'd like to ask, would you mind sharing your SRST configuration?

I'm deploying a environment that have many 3905 phones.

I configured the gateway and during the WAN outage the phones displayed an exclamation, so I believe that they were registered in the SRST, but when a issued the "show voice register global" there were nothing :-/

Another point is that I were unable to place calls between phones, neither internal calls among extension nor external calls to/from PSTN

Thank you in advance.

Best

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

"Show voice register global" is how you check the registration process in SRST for sip phones.

Rate the post accordingly.

Regards,
Kevin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Kevin.

I did run the command and shows me Total SIP phones regsitered : X

suppose I have a mix of SCCP and SIP phonesworking under SRST : IS there any command which shows how many SCCP and SIP phones are registered  or how many SCCP phones are registered?

I was trying to run show ephone summary .Does this include count for both?

regds,

aman

Aman,

"show ephone register" for Skinny "show voice register global or dn"  for SIP-SRST for SIP phones.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Aman.
What I usually do to know how many SIP phones are registered, I issue the following command
show voice register pool reg | c Tag

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: