cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3925 h323 with T1 and FXO

miket
Level 5
Level 5

on the trunkgroup you only have one gateway which contains all ports of both t1 and fxo.so on outbound I just add them to same route group.

Inbound I use plar to send where i need to go.

Am I right . I cant seem to find this in the docs  I might blind so any help would be great

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

So H323 it's all about the dial-peers. You could have both the T1 and the FXO (in esence the router will see them as voice-ports) to the same trunk group, of you could have them as independet trunk groups and your dial-peer configuration will decide which port your call will go to.

Since H323 is peer to peer, CUCM doesn't have the intelligence to select the outgoing port. This is left to the H323 GW configuration, in our case the dial-peers.

View solution in original post

Robert Thomas wrote:

So H323 it's all about the dial-peers. You could have both the T1 and the FXO (in esence the router will see them as voice-ports) to the same trunk group, of you could have them as independet trunk groups and your dial-peer configuration will decide which port your call will go to.

Cannot mix T1 PRI and FXO in the same trunk-group.

But can use multiple trunk-groups in the same dial-peer.

Since H323 is peer to peer, CUCM doesn't have the intelligence to select the outgoing port. This is left to the H323 GW configuration, in our case the dial-peers.

Can use steering digits to let CUCM choose the outgoing port.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the question again ?

Question is am I correct how the config is with a 3925 with t1's and FXO's

I wasn't sure how to set them up

Since we are running H323 I only have a single address on callmanager for the gateway so for outbount how do I config the fx0's can I leave them in same trunkgroup as the t1'4 or can I create a new trunkgroup and put fxo's in it.

For inbound do I just use plar

Bottomline I was asking for examples on how to configure the T1 and Fxo

Thanks

Correct.

Chris

Robert Thomas wrote:

Cannot mix T1 PRI and FXO in the same trunk-group.

But can use multiple trunk-groups in the same dial-peer.

Can use steering digits to let CUCM choose the outgoing port.

Thanks to all.. I have been doing this since 2000 and never seen this config of t1's and fxo's  .. After I posted it I relaized it really is all about the dial peers.  The inbound should be just PLAR OPX ? I hope  I didn't know you couldnt mix fxo and T1 but suspected.

one of the fxo is dedicated to 911 so that is good. 

I do appreciate all the help  Chris you have answered every post in the last few weeks.. Thanks