cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd Party Audio Conferencing solution/CUCM ver 9.12

hallinanpv1
Level 4
Level 4

Company is looking for an audio conferencing solution to be hosted internally and be able to integrate with our existing CUCM platform (Ver 9.12 if that matters).  Management not fans of the limitations of MEET ME, or the manual nature of ad hoc conferencing.  

Long story short, we're looking for a replacement for the former MEETINGPLACE solution.  We have hosted webex and dont want to have a full function internal webex alongside it, so looking to see what others are using.

Functionality needs just basic, audio conferencing with dedicated bridge numbers or meeting numbers for hosts.  Ability to document share is good, video not quite so important but would be  a plus.

What is everyone using?  And if the WEBEX Meetings (internal) solution, what has been your experience?  Costs, ect?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I think on-prem webex would be your solution. We have it rolled out at a couple of customers and it has been ok so far. The customers had CUWL PRO, hence the server side licensing came bundled with it.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George, we have hosted WEBEX currently, did not go with CUWL PRO (Only Standard) so we would have some licensing issues/costs.

Looking at purely audio conferencing, 5 or less parties makes up about 85% of our external hosted audio conf calls now, would love to widely implement MEET ME and ad hoc but bosses are not fans of the limitations of MEET ME (unsecure, calling in before meeting starts gets busy signal).

I've done a couple Unity Connection Hacks to provide secure Meet Me (ask for name and ask to allow in), as well as a loop that will put caller on hold before MEET ME starts, but while nice not easy to scale to enterprise as takes two call handlers each as well as CTI Ports 

The solution Gordon suggested looks interesting, looking for a few solutions i can present and let them choose.

Thanks all

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

For pure audio conferencing, we use a product from a company called C3:

http://www.c3.co.uk/products/network-conferencing/

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: