Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party server for CM 8.6

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I saw online that the HP Proliant DL380 G4 was supported as a 3rd party server to install CM 8.6 on.  I ran the installation CD and it says the hardware is not supported.  Can anyone point me to a link that shows the exact specs for the HP servers?  (and yes I have looked myself)

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.                  

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/product_solution_overview_list.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks.  I had seen that link.  It lists the HP Proliant DL380 G4 as good all the way up to CM 8.6.  All the other listings specify either Hard Drive size or CPU speed EXCEPT the DL380 G4.  It just says HP DL380-G4 and nothing else.  Any ideas?

Not sure what you mean by that, all the specs and PNs for every configuration are in there.

Table 2 has the basic specs and if you search DL380-G4 in the page you get a lot of different configs depending on what product you want to load on it along with the PNs required

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

If you open the following link and search for hp dl380-g4 and then move to the CUCM 8.6 column, it shows number B5. Then if you move to the bottom of the page, it states that this server is supported for "bridged upgrade" only to migrate to a new hardware. So, this server should be out of production when you upgrade it. Having said that, the installation of 8.6 should not give error. Can you post the output of show hardware and the install logs from RTMT tool?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App