cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 Companies,4 E1,1 CUCM, 1 VGW,Which Protocol ?

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a project where i have 1 cucm (pub&sub) and one voice gateway with 4 E1 lines ,each company should use one of these E1s !

I think about MGCP because in the route group ,each one of the e1s could be chosed seperately in a seperate route group.But the problem is i have to use then backhaul of the d channel which limit me in making translation on the gateway.

If i would use H323 i would have only one ip address nad i think i wouldn't be able to control each E1.

Please advice which protocol should be used ?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use steering codes, prefix code to each company call in CUCM via properly matched RP/RL, and then have appropriate dial-peers with the "steering codes" that point to respective E1. I have done it this way many times.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris.

So i can use h323 for example and send the prefix to the dial peer that then will remove the prefix and send the rest of needed digits to the provider.Excellent will try it.

But what about if i want to make redundancy ?

Meaning if the e1 of 1st company fail,they could use the second company's e1 ? Then which protocol ?

Then have redundant dial peers with "preference 1", etc.

HTH,

Chris

Correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: