Views
Helpful
Replies

4 digits dialing over the WAN using G.711 & G.729

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

I have an Avaya G3 (Version 12) PBX which is integrated with CCM 5.1 using H.323 trunk. All 4 digits calls from Avaya to Cisco and vice-versa work fine. The only issue is as follow:

I have a CTI Route-Pointe (8888) which is sent to unity (Call Handler)for time of day verification. In CH's call transfer page I am sending the call back to CCM (8801) which is a Hunt Pilot pointed to a Hunt-List and a Hunt-Groupe which in turn has 5 members. The issue is when I send the call from Avaya to Cisco uning G.711, in the trace from Avaya PBX I see that the call is sent to CCM and everything works fine except the ring back tone. There's no rign back tone but the called party hears the ring and answers the call and everything works fine but there's no ring back tone. All I see in the Avaya trace is the CCM IP address and the Avaya PBX IP Address. First how can I relove the issue with the ring back tone while using G.711.

The real problem is when I use G.729 as codec. As soon as the G.729 is selected in both ends, I see the IP Address of the Unity Server in the Avaya trace. The CCM sends the call to Unity and it dies right there followed by a message from Example Administrator inviting the caller to leave a message. Why with G.711 I don't see the IP Address of the Unity in the trace but with G.729 I do? How can I resolve this issue. Any ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks,

MK

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MK,

I know this doesn't address your comple question, but, for this Transfer;

"I have a CTI Route-Pointe (8888) which is sent to unity (Call Handler)for time of day verification. In CH's call transfer page I am sending the call back to CCM (8801) which is a Hunt Pilot pointed to a Hunt-List and a Hunt-Groupe which in turn has 5 members."

Set up as "release to switch" instead of "Supervised Transfer"

Rob

Ron,

It has already been set up as "Release to switch".

Thanks,

MK

I am sure someone out there has an answer for my question. What I need to know is; why when I use G.711 Unity is not in the picture, although CCM sends the call to Unity first for the time verification but as soon as I use G.729 the Unity appears. Do you guys think opening a case with TAC will help?

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: