Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

400 users using CME with 3945E or CM server ??

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding using CME, CM server or CMBE for around 400-450 users.

Checking supported platform matrix  3945E can support 450 users maximun but that's mean it'd works  at maximun capacity.

From my point of view is not convenient.

any of you can give me some recommendations?  with platform should I use?

regards

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Filiberto,

I would definitely not go with CME for 400+ deployment, quite frankly I would hesitate to do if for anything above 100+ users.  CMBE 5000/6000 is an option, but I am old school and would suggest regular CUCM deployment.  You may want to weight in pricing and applications you need to make better decision.

HTH,

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I have CMEs with well in excess of 300 users and would not hesitate making a 400 users one.

The load on the router is non-existent, as all what the router do is sitting idle at 1% CPU under all conditions. Remember the router is not in the media path except for outside calls.

Add that CME is much more agile and rich in features that users really want, like overlay DNs, hunt-groups and queues, CFA to second line, paging, just to name a few. It is also being developed to a faster pace than CM.

And of course much more economical and practical, it makes a much better choice in most cases.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content